Ladies’ Wing over the years has supported several NGO’s in their activities. The key areas for supporting social initiative included livelihood intervention programs, educational development and healthcare. The projects undertaken are as follows:
- Rural development project: We had taken up a project to support the task of upliftment of children and women of Gadeshwar village, a small backward village with the population of about 400 tribals near Panvel about 60 kms from IMC’s offce. We had started with building of a community hall and this year, The IMC Ladies’ Wing Community Center constructed at the village is utilized by the village women to conduct small scale vocational skill development programs. We handed over toilet blocks to families below poverty line constructed with funds provided by government under sanitation scheme and IMC LW and labour of the tribal people. We sponsored 15 children of the village for 0.years, who attend the residential Adivasi Ashramshala at Shantivan. This amount was utilized to provide children with wholesome food, books, note books, stationery, uniforms, bed sheets, linen, etc.
- Ladies’ Wing joined hands with Pratham India to create and financially support skill training program for women from slums around Chembur. Two batches were conducted under IMC Ladies’ Wing & Pratham Skill Training Initiative for Women. The project was conducted successfully, providing them an opportunity for developing sustainable livelihood. An entrepreneurship awareness workshop was organized, wherein certificates were also presented to the women on successfully completing the foundation course.
- We have extended support towards education of 8 children of three families, which were victims of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.
- IMC Marg beautification- Cleanliness and beautification of IMC Marg.
- We organised Cancer Awareness Camp for all the IMC staff and their family members, NGO’s and the Ladies’ Wing members, offering an opportunity to undergo all pertinent screening tests and providing basic information.
- Pel Drukpa Charitable Trust- For purchase of school bus for the children of Druk White Lotus School located in Ladakh.
- Sanskar India Foundation- For conducting environment awareness program for school children between the ages of 9 -13 years, belonging to the lower socio-economic class. For Resource materials for 12 months (training, campaigns, workshops, visual aids, charts, materials, Worksheets, prizes, printing, stationary, etc.)
- Mumbai Mobile Crèches- Towards supporting children through daycare program in the areas of education, health and nutrition.
- We supported Muktangan, for teacher training program.
- Women’s India Trust- For supporting girls undertaking nurse’s training course.
- Seva Sadan Society- To conduct extra classes in Maths, Science and English after school hours for SSC students.
- For-She Travels and Logistics Pvt. Ltd- For driver’s training course, exclusively for women, as part of ladies’ taxi service initiative.
- Shrimad Ramchandra Gyan Ashram- For certificate course in computer training for children residing around Rajnagar, Khopoli.
- Salaam Baalak Trust- For boy’s football coaching at Chowpatty Center.
- Akshara Project- For supporting children’s education in rural India.
- New Life Medical & Educational Trust (Zindagi Jitana)- Towards developing sanitation infrastructure for slum dwellers in Mumbai through construction of toilets.
- Provided opportunity to around several NGOs to promote their services, display and sell their products at IMC during monthly events.
- As an initiative to provide a platform to the various NGOs to promote and market their products, an NGO exhibition was organized at IMC premises. NGOs displayed and sold beautiful handmade products which were made by special people with limited ability. The exhibition was appreciated and received an encouraging response.
- Legal Cell- For poor and needy women and girls to empower them of their legal rights, help in the reconciliation process, address and fight their legal matters when needed and provide them free counseling services.
- Ladies’ Wing presents yearly, merit scholarship to children of IMC staff members, as part of staff welfare program.
|Grass Root Divas
Rate : Rs. 250/-
|Spirited Souls Winning Women Of Mumbai
Rate : Rs. 895/-